We love to travel and we hope to inspire all of you to experience some of the worlds most amazing and unique places. Therefore we created what we call the world's best bucket list for travelers.
Feel free to make this bucket list your life goal or maybe just cherry-pick your favourites and create your own unique bucket list.
There are plenty of websites that help you decide how to get to a place, where to stay, and what to do. Humbo helps you decide where to go. Create an account and start planning for your next adventure today!
Why create a bucket list?
We aims to encourage you to better travel and, as with goals in general, having them written down increases the chances of achieving them. Therefore a bucket list is a brilliant way to set goals for your travel. That's why we encourage you to create an account and a bucket list today!
Bucket List is defined as a list of things you haven't done before or places you haven't visited but want to experience before you die. It allows you to reflect on what matters most to you, and identify important life milestones and experiences that you want to prioritize in life.
A first top 10 bucket list just to get us started…
This is some of the most rated and bucket listed places in the world.
1. Visit the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu in Peru. Have you heard of it? Of course you have! Have you been there? Probably not! Machu Picchu is located in the Andes Mountains of Peru, South America. It is believed to have been built in the 15th century and is designated as one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
2. Go on a safari in Tanzania or Kenya and see the Great Migration. The Great Migration in the Serengeti refers to the annual movement of large numbers of wildebeest, zebras, and other animals across the national parks of Serengeti and Maasai Mara in East Africa. While you’re there you should look for the “big five” as well.
3. Hike through the gorgeous national parks of Patagonia in Chile and Argentina. There are nine national parks in Patagonia and the nature and landscape is known for it’s diversity, here you’ll find forests, deserts, glaciers, snow-capped mountains, volcanoes and strong rivers. This is definitely a destination for nature lovers.
4. Explore the bustling city of Tokyo, Japan. From the bustling streets of Shinjuku and Shibuya, to the tranquil temples and gardens of Asakusa and Ueno, there is something for everyone to enjoy. You can experience the latest in Japanese fashion and technology, or step back in time and explore the city's rich history. You can also indulge in delicious Japanese cuisine, from sushi and ramen to yakiniku and tempura. Whatever your interests, Tokyo is sure to inspire and delight you.
5. Relax on the beautiful beaches of Bali, Indonesia. Bali, Indonesia is a tropical paradise that offers a perfect blend of natural beauty, culture, and relaxation. With its beautiful beaches, lush rice terraces, and vibrant Hindu culture, Bali is a destination that will inspire your senses and rejuvenate your spirit. For those who love adventure, Bali offers a wide range of activities such as surfing, diving, hiking, and many more. With so much to see and do, Bali is truly an inspiration for any traveler looking for an unforgettable tropical getaway. You should definitely ad Bali to your bucket list.
6. Go on a road trip through the breathtaking landscapes of New Zealand. New Zealand can be described as a reduced version of the whole wide world, all gathered at two small islands. With a diverse landscape that ranges from snow-capped mountains to sandy beaches, and from lush rainforests to wide-open grasslands. This small country packs a big punch when it comes to adventure and outdoor activities. Go surfing in the small village of Raglan, experience the unique nature and go whale watching in Abel Tasman national park, visit cities like Christchurch, Wellington and Aukland, and while your there don’t miss the capital of Outdoor sports Queenstown and the neighbour Wanaka. as you may understand you need more than a weekend to get the full New Zealand experience.
7. Walk along the Great Wall of China. The Great Wall of China is one of the most iconic and recognizable landmarks in the world. One of few that is big enough to be seen from space. It is an ancient fortification built along the northern borders of China, stretching over 13,000 miles. Visiting the Great Wall of China is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to witness one of the greatest engineering feats in human history and to experience a piece of ancient Chinese culture.
8. See the Northern Lights. The Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis, are a natural light display in the Earth's sky, predominantly seen in the high-latitude regions (around the Arctic and Antarctic). They can be observed in the northern hemisphere, including countries such as Norway, Finland, Sweden, Canada, Alaska, and Iceland. To see the Northern Lights, you need to travel to an area with a high likelihood of auroral activity, which generally means a location close to the Earth's magnetic poles. The best time to see the Northern Lights is during the winter months, when the nights are longest and the sky is darkest.
9. Take a hot air balloon ride over the stunning Cappadocia region in Turkey. Cappadocia is a unique and captivating region in central Turkey, known for its striking landscapes and ancient history. The region is characterized by its fairy chimneys, or tall, cone-shaped rock formations created by volcanic eruptions, as well as its cave dwellings and underground cities. Cappadocia is a great destination for hiking, biking. The region is also rich in history and culture, with many ancient cave dwellings and underground cities dating back to the Hittite era and Byzantine period. The most famous of these is the Derinkuyu Underground City, which is an extensive network of tunnels and rooms that once served as a refuge for early Christians.
10. Visit the historic city of Prague in the Czech Republic and try some traditional Czech food and local beer. Prague is a city of stunning architecture, rich history and culture, and beautiful natural surroundings. Known as the "City of a Hundred Spires," Prague is a treasure trove of Gothic and Baroque architecture that will leave you in awe. The city's most famous landmark is the Charles Bridge, a 14th-century stone bridge that offers incredible views of the city's skyline and the Vltava River. Prague is also a great destination for culture and arts lovers, with a thriving music and arts scene and many museums and galleries to explore. Prague is a city that will inspire you with its beauty, culture and history, and leave you with unforgettable memories.
Bucket list for families
When traveling with kids, it's important to choose a destination that offers a balance of fun and educational experiences, as well as activities that are suitable for all ages. Here are a few destinations that are perfect for families:
- Visit Disneyland or Disney World: Among Walt Disney's theme parks worldwide, Disneyland Paris and Disneyworld Orlando are the most famous. But did you know that they are also located in California, Tokyo, Shanghai and Hong Kong? These theme parks offer a magical experience for families with young children, with a wide range of rides and attractions, as well as parades and shows featuring beloved Disney characters.
- Take a safari in Tanzania or Kenya: A safari offers families the opportunity to see some of the world's most incredible wildlife up close, as well as experience the culture and beauty of the continent. Kenya and Tanzania is home to some of the best national parks for safari. Maasai Mara and Serengeti to mention two of them.
- Legoland, located in Billund, Denmark is one of the most popular and well-known Legoland theme parks in the world. It is the first Legoland park ever built and it opened in 1968. The park offers a wide variety of rides, shows, and attractions that are based on the popular building blocks, Lego. One of the main attractions of the park is the Miniland, which is a replica of famous landmarks and cities from around the world, all built with Lego bricks. Visitors can see famous landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty, and Mount Rushmore, all built to scale using millions of Lego bricks. Overall, Legoland Billund is a great destination for families with kids, as it offers a mix of fun, education and creativity. It's a unique and enjoyable experience where kids and adults can enjoy the magic of Lego bricks and have fun together.
- Visit the Grand Canyon: One of the natural wonders of the world, the Grand Canyon offers families the opportunity to hike, take a mule ride, or take a scenic helicopter tour.
- Meet Santa Clause in Finland. The country is known as the "home of Santa Claus" and in Rovaniemi in the Arctic Circle you can visit the Santa Claus Village. In the Santa Claus Village, you can visit Santa's office, where you can meet him in person and take a photo with him. You can also take a tour of Santa's post office, where you can send letters and postcards to your loved ones, and learn about the history of Christmas. Additionally, there are many other activities that you can do in the Santa Claus Village, such as taking a reindeer or husky sled ride, visiting an ice hotel, or going on a snowmobile safari.
- Take a trip to the Caribbean: With its beautiful beaches, turquoise waters, and year-round warm weather, the Caribbean is a great destination for families looking for sun, fun, and relaxation.
- Go on a Ski Trip in Austria: A ski trip can be a fun and exciting adventure for families, with opportunities for skiing, snowboarding, and other winter sports, as well as après-ski activities such as hot tubs, and cozy fireside lounges. Austria is home to some of the best skiing resorts in the world, St Anton, Bad Gastein and Saalbach to mention a few.
- Universal Studios, California: Universal Studios Hollywood offers a chance for families to experience the magic of movies and TV shows, with rides, shows, and attractions based on popular franchises like Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, and The Simpsons.
- Explore the National Parks in the USA: The US National Parks offer families the opportunity to explore some of the country's most beautiful landscapes, including Yosemite, Yellowstone, and the Grand Teton National Parks.
Bucket list for foodies
More and more people are travelling to discover flavours and new restaurants. The Michelin Guide has set the standard for those who truly love to travel and eat. We have gathered 6 of the world's most appreciated cuisines.
- Italy - Italy is known for its delicious cuisine, with dishes ranging from pasta and pizza to cured meats and cheeses. Don't miss the opportunity to try some authentic Italian dishes and visit local markets while you're there.
- Japan - Japanese cuisine is known for its emphasis on fresh, high-quality ingredients. From sushi and ramen to tempura and tonkatsu, there's something for every foodie to enjoy in Japan. Japan is known for its high concentration of Michelin-starred restaurants, with many of the country's top chefs and establishments concentrated in the cities of Tokyo and Kyoto.
- France - French cuisine is considered by many to be some of the finest in the world. Don't miss the opportunity to try some classic French dishes like escargot, foie gras, and coq au vin while you're there. In France, the cities of Paris and Lyon have the most Michelin-starred restaurants, with many of the country's top culinary talents and haute cuisine establishments concentrated in these two cities. There are also a number of other regions in France that are known for their Michelin-starred restaurants, including the Rhône-Alpes region and the Alsace region.
- Thailand - Thai food is known for its bold flavors and aromatic herbs and spices. Don't miss the opportunity to try some authentic Thai dishes like tom yum goong and pad Thai.
- Vietnam - Vietnamese cuisine is known for its fresh flavors and use of herbs and vegetables. Don't miss the opportunity to try some authentic Vietnamese dishes like pho and banh mi while you're there. Read more about Vietnamn.
- Spain - Spain is an excellent destination for foodies! The country is known for its delicious cuisine, which varies by region. Some of the dishes that you can try while you're in Spain include paella, a traditional rice dish that is popular in Valencia; tapas, small plates of food that are often served with drinks; and churros, a type of fried dough pastry that is popular as a dessert or snack. You are not a real foodie until you’ve been to San Sebastian, San Sebastian is actually one of the cities with the most Guide Michelin stars in the world
10 destination ideas for adventure junkies
You want to feel your pulse pounding, adrenaline rushing through your body and the wind in your hair. Here are 10 destinations for adventure lovers.
- New Zealand - With its beautiful landscapes and numerous outdoor activities, New Zealand is a paradise for adventure seekers. You can go bungee jumping, skydiving, white water rafting, and more while you're there. Queenstown is often called the adrenaline capital of the world.
- Costa Rica - Costa Rica is home to a number of exciting outdoor activities, including zip lining, rock climbing, and surfing. You can also go on a wildlife tour to see animals like monkeys and sloths in their natural habitats.
- South Africa - South Africa is a great destination for adventure junkies, with activities like bungee jumping, shark cage diving, and white water rafting. You can also go on a safari to see wildlife like lions and elephants in their natural habitats.
- The Himalayas - The Himalayas are home to some of the highest peaks in the world, making them a popular destination for mountain climbers and trekkers. You can also go rafting and kayaking in the region.
- Iceland - Iceland is a great destination for adventure junkies who enjoy outdoor activities like ice climbing, snowboarding, and hiking. You can also go whale watching or visit the country's many geothermal pools.
- United States - The country is home to a diverse range of landscapes and climates, which means there are many different types of outdoor activities to enjoy. Some of the activities that adventure junkies can enjoy in the US include hiking and rock climbing in national parks like Yosemite and the Grand Canyon, white water rafting in states like Colorado and California, and skiing and snowboarding in mountain resorts like Vail and Aspen.
- Nepal - Nepal is a great destination for adventure junkies who enjoy mountain sports like climbing and trekking. You can also go rafting and kayaking in the region.
- Norway - Norway is home to stunning landscapes and outdoor activities like hiking, skiing, and dog sledding. You can also visit the country's fjords and see the Northern Lights.
- Australia - With its diverse landscapes and numerous outdoor activities, Australia is a great destination for adventure junkies. You can go surfing, snorkeling, and scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef, or go hiking and camping in the country's national parks.
- Canada - Canada is home to a number of exciting outdoor activities, including skiing, snowboarding, and ice climbing. You can also go rafting or kayaking in the country's many rivers and lakes.
Bucket list for city boys
Nothing beats a real big city, buzzing with life around the clock and plenty of activities, rich cultural life and more restaurants than you'll ever find. Let's go big-city for the whole shebang.
- Paris, France - Paris is known as the "City of Love" and is famous for its beautiful architecture, world-class museums, and delicious food. Don't miss the opportunity to visit iconic landmarks like the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral while you're there.
- Tokyo, Japan - Tokyo is a vibrant and exciting city with a unique blend of traditional and modern culture. From the bustling streets of Shinjuku to the peaceful gardens of the Imperial Palace, there's something for everyone in Tokyo.
- New York City, USA - New York City is known as the "City That Never Sleeps" and is famous for its iconic landmarks like the Statue of Liberty and Central Park. The city is also home to a thriving arts and culture scene, with many world-class museums and theaters.
- Barcelona, Spain - Barcelona is a beautiful city located on the Mediterranean coast, with a rich history and culture. Don't miss the opportunity to visit landmarks like the Sagrada Familia and Park Guell while you're there.
- Sydney, Australia - Sydney is a beautiful city located on the east coast of Australia, with a number of iconic landmarks like the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge. The city is also home to a number of beautiful beaches, making it a great destination for those who enjoy the outdoors.
- Bali, Indonesia - Bali is a tropical paradise with beautiful beaches, stunning temples, and a vibrant culture. The island is known for its yoga and wellness retreats, making it a great destination for those looking to relax and recharge.
- Cape Town, South Africa - Cape Town is a beautiful city located on the southwestern coast of South Africa, with a number of iconic landmarks like Table Mountain and the Cape of Good Hope. The city is also home to a thriving arts and culture scene, with many galleries and museums to visit.
- Bangkok, Thailand - Bangkok is a vibrant and exciting city with a unique blend of traditional and modern culture. Don't miss the opportunity to visit landmarks like the Grand Palace and Wat Pho while you're there.
- Rome, Italy - Rome is a beautiful city with a rich history and culture, and is home to a number of iconic landmarks like the Colosseum and the Trevi Fountain. The city is also known for its delicious food, with many restaurants serving traditional Italian dishes.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands - Amsterdam is a beautiful city located in the Netherlands, with a number of iconic landmarks like the Anne Frank House and the Rijksmuseum. The city is also home to a thriving arts and culture scene, with many galleries and museums to visit.
Bucket list for small town girls (as Journey sang)
Not everyone wants to crowd into big cities, stand in long queues and cram in with other people. Sometimes you just want to calm down, relax and enjoy the soroundings. That's when these places might come in handy.
- Tuscany, Italy - Tuscany is a region located in central Italy.Tuscany is a beautiful region in Italy known for its rolling hills, vineyards, and charming villages. One of the main attractions in Tuscany is the city of Florence, which is known for its beautiful art and architecture. The city is home to a number of landmarks, including the Duomo, a cathedral with a distinctive red dome, and the Ponte Vecchio, a medieval bridge over the Arno river. Tuscany is also known for its delicious food, with a number of excellent restaurants serving dishes like Florentine steak and Chianti wine.
- The Cotswolds, England - The Cotswolds is a beautiful region in England known for its charming villages, rolling hills, and historic houses. The region is known for its picturesque landscapes, making it a great destination for those who want to escape the hustle and bustle of city life.
- The Amalfi Coast, Italy - The Amalfi Coast is a beautiful region in Italy known for its stunning coastline, charming villages, and delicious food. The region is known for its laid-back atmosphere and beautiful scenery, making it a great destination for those looking to relax. Read more about Amalfi.
- Santorini, Greece - Santorini is a beautiful island in Greece known for its stunning beaches, charming villages, and delicious food. The island is known for its relaxed atmosphere and beautiful scenery, making it a great destination for those looking to unwind.
- The Scottish Highlands, Scotland - The Scottish Highlands is a beautiful region in Scotland known for its stunning landscapes, charming villages, and rich history and culture. This is a great destination for those looking for a calm vacation and maybe a whiskey or two.
- Bruges, Belgium - Bruges is a beautiful city in Belgium known for its charming canals, historic houses, and delicious food. It is a popular destination for tourists, who come to see its beautiful architecture and visit its many museums and galleries. Bruges is also known for its delicious chocolate, with a number of chocolate shops
- The Aegean Coast, Turkey - The Aegean Coast is a beautiful region in Turkey known for its stunning beaches, charming villages, and delicious food. It is a popular destination for tourists, who come to relax on the beaches, visit the region's many historical and cultural sites, and try the local cuisine. One of the main attractions in the Aegean Coast is the city of Bodrum, which is known for its beautiful beaches and vibrant nightlife. The city is home to a number of landmarks, including the Bodrum Castle, a castle built by the Knights of St. John in the 15th century, and the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- The Algarve, Portugal - The Algarve is a beautiful region in Portugal known for its stunning beaches, charming villages, and delicious food. The region is a popular destination for travelers of all types, including families, couples, and solo travelers. The Algarve is a great destination for those who enjoy the outdoors, with a number of beautiful beaches and natural parks to visit.
Bucket list for music fans
If you are a real music geek we guess that you probably have been to all of these places, and if you haven't you should definitely ad them all to your bucket list.
- Nashville, USA - Nashville is known as the "Music City" and is home to a vibrant country music scene. Visitors can attend live music performances at venues like the Grand Ole Opry and the Ryman Auditorium, or visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum to learn about the history of the genre.
- New Orleans, USA - New Orleans is a city known for its vibrant jazz scene, with live music performances happening all around the city. Visitors can attend concerts at venues like Preservation Hall or the Spotted Cat Music Club, or take a jazz history tour to learn about the city's rich musical heritage.
- Liverpool, UK - Liverpool is a city with a rich musical history, and is known as the birthplace of the Beatles. Visitors can visit the Beatles Story museum to learn about the band's history, or attend a performance at the Echo Arena or the Royal Philharmonic Hall.
- Austin, USA - Austin is a city located in the state of Texas in the United States. Austin is home to a number of music festivals and live music venues, and is considered one of the best cities in the United States for live music. Visitors can attend concerts at venues like the Austin City Limits Music Festival or the Mohawk, or visit the South by Southwest music festival to see a variety of acts.
- Glasgow, Scotland - Glasgow is known for producing a number of successful bands and musicians, including Franz Ferdinand, Belle and Sebastian, and Primal Scream. Visitors can attend concerts at venues like the Barrowland Ballroom or the King Tut's Wah Wah Hut, or visit the Glasgow School of Art to see up-and-coming bands. One of the most popular music festivals in Glasgow is the Glasgow Summer Sessions, which takes place every year in August.
- Havana, Cuba - Havana is the capital city of Cuba. With its rich tradition of salsa and son music the city will probably keep you dancing all night long. Visitors can attend live music performances at venues like the Casa de la Musica or the Buena Vista Social Club, or visit the National Museum of Fine Arts to learn about the country's musical history.
- Berlin, Germany - Berlin is the capital of Germany, prepare for long nights and parties going on until lunch next day. Berlin is home to a number of live music venues and festivals. Visitors can attend concerts at venues like the Berlin Music Festival or the famous nightclub the Berghain. The Berlin Music Festival is a popular annual event. It’s known for its diverse lineup, with a mix of genres ranging from rock and pop to electronic and indie. Radiohead, Kanye West is two examples of artists playing at the festival.
We hope that you found lots of inspiration to your upcoming vacation!