We hade a great time in Nairobi but traveling in Kenya and more specific in Nairobi is a big difference from Europe where we come from. The criminality is high but at the same time the people you meet are very friendly and caring.
There are some things you need to keep in mind planning your trip to Nairobi:
1. Remember to check which vaccines you need
2. As a tourist you are recommended to go by car, either you book a driver or Uber works fine as well in Nairobi.
3. Check up which areas you want to visit and plan your days, it's a big city and the traffic can be a hustle.
4. We got recommended to stay inside after sundown as a security measure
Four things you can't miss in Nairobi:
1. Nairobi National Park is the only national park in the world connected to a multi million city. It's amazing to see wild animals as lions, giraffes and rhinos with the skyline of Nairobi in the background.
2. Karura forest. Beautiful nature reserve with a great restaurant inside (the River café). You'll find multiple tracks for hiking, visit the waterfall and the caves or just ha a stroll and try to find monkeys. By the café there is a playground which our kids loved.
3. Great restaurants. For example don't miss; Hero - Asian restaurant on the 9th floor of The Trademark Hotel.
4. Giraffe center. Feed the giraffes and learn more about the work that is done to protect the wild animals of Kenya.
Have fun in Nairobi!