Long beaches, white sand, and fish sauce
Phu Quoc is an island located in the Gulf of Thailand, off the coast of Vietnam. It is known for its beautiful beaches, clear blue waters, and lush tropical forests. Tourists visit Phu Quoc for its natural beauty, as well as for its many activities such as swimming, snorkeling, diving, kayaking, and fishing.
The island also offers a variety of accommodation options, from luxury resorts to budget-friendly guesthouses, making it accessible to travelers of all budgets. Additionally, Phu Quoc is famous for its pearl farm and fish sauce factory. Overall, Phu Quoc Island offers a perfect blend of natural beauty, adventure, and relaxation, making it a great place to visit for tourists who are looking for a tropical getaway with plenty of activities and natural beauty to explore.
Being about one hour flight from Ho Chi Minh City, I highly recommend you combine Phu Quoc and Ho Chi Minh City.
What to do on Phu Quoc Island
- Relaxing and enjoying plenty of beach activities: Phu Quoc Island is renowned for its pristine, white sand beaches and crystal clear waters and it has been a popular beach destination for not only international tourists but also domestic travelers. In Phu Quoc, you can enjoy many beach activities from sunbathing and swimming to snorkeling, diving, and kayaking.
- Island hopping: for a more adventurous experience, take a boat tour around the island and explore some of its smaller islands. You will find hidden beaches, tropical jungles, and more. Some of the must-visit islands near Phu Quoc are Hon Thom Island and Hon Mong Tay Island, both are known for their beautiful beaches.
- Exploring the local markets, such as the night market in Duong Dong, to see the local handmade crafts and dive into the massive seafood menu.
- Rent a scooter to go around the island: it is a great feeling to scoot around the island and see its natural beauty.
Best beaches in Phu Quoc
With many beautiful, big and small beaches in Phu Quoc, here are some of the beaches that stand out:
- Long Beach (Bai Truong): Long beach is the most famous beach in Phu Quoc that offers a nice beach, various accommodations from budget-friendly to high-end exclusive resorts, and many restaurants and bars to choose from.
- Sao Beach (Bai Sao): is known for its picturesque setting. Sao Beach is less crowded and quieter than Long Beach, and perhaps a more beautiful beach to stay. It is known for its picturesque setting and crystal-clear water.
- Khem Beach (Bai Khem): is a secluded spot with clear water and a beautiful coral reef.