Güstrow is a small town in the Mecklenburgische Seenplatte district, in the northeastern German state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
It is the capital of the Güstrow district. The town is situated on the River Nebel, a tributary of the River Warnow, and is surrounded by forests and lakes. It is an old town, first mentioned in a document from 1229. The town centre is a pedestrian area with many old buildings, including the Gothic town hall and the Schloss Güstrow, a Renaissance palace. There are also many lakes and forests in the vicinity.